Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Post 11

Mrs. Cassidy's Class
little kids..big potential



This week I watched a video from a Ms. Cassidy's Class out of Moose Jaw, Canada entitled Little Kids...Big Potential. In this video the students from her class gave a run down of what they do in their class. Technology is definitely being used in this classroom, but seems to be serving a very educational purpose.
The students each create their own blog to use for things such as writing and posting artwork. These students receive comments from their parents, siblings, and people from around the world. What a confidence boost for these kids to know that what they are doing is seen by other people. It seems like it would be good motivation for learning.
They also use wikis in their classroom to answer and learn about questions they may have. I can definitely see implementing this in my own classroom. As you know I am going to school to be a math teacher and I'm sure my students will have plenty of questions I am not able to answer and I would appreciate the connections wiki can create.
She also uses a class website for her students to access. I also would really like to implement this in my own classroom. I could use this website to share various resources with my class and they can access it whenever they like.
You can find out more about Ms. Cassidy's classroom, in her Skype interview with the fall 2010 EDM 310 class, here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment