Sunday, May 1, 2011

Final Report on PLN

PLN wordle

First of I want to start by saying that my PLN or personal learning network is far from complete and I'm sure it will develop much further as I get further into the program. I told you last time that I created a Symbaloo page for educational purposes and since then I have added many more tiles it. These include BBC Math, which gives many fun activities to help students learn math skills in a different way. I also began using Google Scholar to find many articles about integrating technology in the classroom, such as Effective Teaching With Technology in Higher Education by A.W. Bates and Gary Poole, in this article they offer guidance for developing a course using technology.
I also began using YouTube and TeacherTube to find great resources for teaching Mathematics at the middle school and high school level. I did research alittle on the ALEX, Alabama Learning Exchange, website, many of the lesson plans I found were pretty pedagogical, but their were some that I thought could be pretty useful and others that can be modified.
As far as making connections with other math teacher I am still working on. I have found some very useful blogs such as SweeneyMath, a blog run by Mr. Sweeney who is a high school math teacher. I have also begun following many other teachers on twitter who I think could come in very useful in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment