Sunday, February 27, 2011

Comments for Kids Summary Post

kid on a computer



C4K #1

My student for week one was Ayden who goes to a school in Comox Valley, Vancouver Island. Ayden really loves playing video games and the particular blog I commented on was about his favorite video game is World of Warcraft. I don't have much experience in the video game world, but I do have a Wii so I asked him for suggestions on games. His blog is also creatively titled "Ayden The Amazing Gamer" and you can visit it here.

C4K #2

My assigned student for C4K#2 was Gianna. Gianna is a year five student at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. At the time Gianna had only one post posted for the year; it was a welcome post with a link to some of her posts from past years. Her post were mostly narrative. She had a great concept of grammer. She also had a video on there of her interpretation of a volcano, tsunami, and earthquake complete with sound effects. She seems to be a very creative little girl and the blog seems to have brought that out. You can visit Gianna's blog here.

C4K#3

My assigned student for this week was Eleva who also goes to Pt England School. She is a year six student and her teacher is Mr. Somerville. I got interested in this school, so I did a little research on it. The school requires every student to have a blog and you can easily access the student blogs from the schools website. This school was the judges' choice for best value in the 2006 Computerworld Excellence Awards. They also have a podcast that is produced by students from ages 9 to 11. You can visit their podcast blog here.

picture of logo

0 comments:

Post a Comment