Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Progress Report on PLN



Beginning my PLN felt, honestly, overwelming at first. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I read Dr. Strange's document on creating a PLN and all the links on it, but was still a little unsure. So when in doubt, dive in! I began on Symbaloo, creating a page especially for my education. I added a few neat gadgets like WebMath and a graphing tile. Then I decided to jump into twitter and I began following some of the people Dr. Strange suggested. I am a secondary education/math major, so I really wanted to find some people who taught math. I typed math teacher in the search bar on twitter and began following some of the people who's twitter profiles matched what I was looking for. While reading the timeline on one teachers profile I found an article titled "Top Four Passionate Math Teacher Blogs". I read the article and added the blogs to my Symbaloo page. These teachers were exactly what I was looking for and their blogs are dedicated to teaching math in a creative and pratical way. One of the blogs, Sweeney Math, shared a lesson plan using the popular game "Angry Birds" to create quadratic models.

picture of the game angry birds

I still have a lot of work in developing my PLN, but am excited about the wonderful resources I have already found! Major goal for this next week: Start Contributing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment